The Burd Institute on Media & Politics summer program concluded on Friday, July 1, on the campus of Pepperdine University in Malibu, CA. High School students from across the nation addressed this year's theme, "Politics and Media in the Social Media Era." During this one-week program, students learned about the history of media and journalism in the U.S., participated in a political communication workshop, engaged with guest speakers, and much more. The bittersweet ending included many hugs and tears of joy, a testament to new and long-lasting bonds created.
- Dan Schnur, Professor of Political Communication at USC/Pepperdine/Berkeley
- Julie Mastrine, Allsides.org
- Musadiq Bidar, CBS Political Correspondent
- History of Media and Journalism in the U.S.
- Avoiding Bias and Objectivity in Writing
- Political Communication Workshop
- Project: Social Media (post or video) About a Current Issue