Tuition, room and board for Georgetown, Stanford and Princeton sessions is $4,750. AP U.S. History at UVA is $5,250 and the Diplomat Program in Beijing is $5,500 (not including airfare).
- Tuition, textbooks, and all other academic expenses.
- Housing and meals: Students live on single sex floors in university student residences, generally two to a room. Meals are eaten in university dining rooms.
- Guidance and supervision: Faculty and college-age residents live on campus with students, providing academic counseling and supervision 24 hours a day.
Expenses not included in tuition are off-campus meals and transportation to and from the Summer School.
- When attending off-campus Speakers programs and optional cultural excursions, students are responsible for their meals and any tickets they might purchase for plays, museums, etc. Georgetown students spend six days off campus, while students at our other sessions typically spend 1-3 days off-campus. All other meals are provided.
- Travel costs to and from the Summer School are not included in the tuition. However, staff members will be available at nearby airports to help transport students to campus. We will also assist graduates in returning to the airport at the close of the summer session.
Junior Statesmen Fundraising Academy
We recognize the challenge of local fundraising and offer help to students who try to raise funds locally. Through a series of webinars, students and their parents can participate in the Junior Statesmen Fundraising Academy and put together a fundraising strategy to raise the portion of the tuition not covered by your family’s funds and your scholarship award. With the help of our step-by-step Fundraising Manual, combined with the personal assistance offered by our friendly and experienced staff, a majority of students conquer the financial challenge of raising the tuition.
Sign up for JSF Fundraising Academy at FundraisingAcademy@jsa.org
The Junior Statesmen Fundraising Academy can help you kick start a successful campaign to raise money toward your Summer School tuition. We will be offering these “webinars” via the GoToMeeting web conferencing service on Tuesdays (7pm ET) and Wednesday (6pm PT) evenings November through May. To sign up, send an email with your name and preferred date to FundraisingAcademy@jsa.org
Each year JSA awards more than $750,000 in scholarship funding. Awards are based on financial need, academic excellence, demonstrated leadership abilities, and evidence that an applicant is highly motivated to attend the program. Scholarship awards range from partial scholarships to full tuition scholarships based on grant eligibility. Please be sure to submit your scholarship form with your application to expedite its processing. By filling out just one application, students are automatically evaluated for all of the special funds available. Scholarships are available for Princeton, Stanford, and Georgetown.