Download a printable convention registration packets.
Chapters should register for conventions online, unless they have received advance approval from a Program Director to submit a paper registration.
The following pages will help walk you through the preparation process:
- Have your members create their own MyJSA account
- Manage your chapter roster to make sure it is up to date
For planning purposes, here the steps leading up to bringing a delegation to a convention:
- Review the registration packet. If you don’t already have a registration packet, download one from the download resources section of the website.
- Make sure you have access to Chapter Management online. Log in to MyJSA and make sure you have access to the chapter management features. If you are the Chapter President or Teacher/Advisor you should see a “Start Registration” option under My Events after you log in. If you do not see these options, contact the nearest JSF office.
- Update your chapter roster. Make sure all of your new and returning chapter members are listed under your membership roster (under “Chapter Management”). We recommend that you bring a computer with an internet connection to your first few meetings, and have individuals create their own MyJSA accounts. All of your members should be shown on your chapter roster before you complete your registration.
- Collect payment and permission forms from all of your delegates. Chapter leaders will be responsible for submitting a single payment for all of their delegates by either check or credit card.
- Register members of your delegation for the convention. Once you click “Start Registration” you will be presented with a form that contains your entire chapter roster and allows chapter leaders to indicate which members will attend. However, the form is only visible to members designated as Chapter President or Teacher-Advisor.
- Enter your rooming preferences on the fourth step of the online form. Prior to doing this step, fill out the rooming list form in your registration packet, and use it as a guide. This will make filling out the online form much simpler.
- Submit a single payment for your delegation and all permission forms prior to the registration deadline. Your rooms will not be reserved until payment for your delegation is received. You will receive email updates with additional details about the convention. Important details such as bill submission, and transportation details will be sent via email. Make sure that email from jsa.org is not going to your spam folder to ensure that you get these important updates.