JSA provides chapters with an online fundraising tool that allows members to raise money in their communities before attending a JSA convention. You’re almost ready to get started, but first here are some setup instructions for chapter leaders. Before a chapter can raise money online, the chapter president should perform the following steps:
- Go to http://jsa.org/chapterfundraising to access the JSA Chapter Fundraising for Conventions tool (you can also use this URL in instructions to chapter members rather than the longer URL that it redirects to) .
- The chapter leader should first create an individual page
- Next, create a team page by
- First clicking on the “My Story” tab of the individual page you created
- Second click the green “Create or Join Team” button.
- Team pages need to be named in this format: [School Name] JSA. For example, “Mountain View H.S. JSA”. Pages that do not follow this format will be deleted.
- Chapter leaders can then send members to their team page, one like this: http://www.stayclassy.org/fundraise/team?ftid=5642
- Once the team page is created, chapter members have the option to then go to the team page and click on the green “Start Your Page” button, if desired.
- Teams can also send potential donors to their team page, using the facebook and email tools located in the tool bar of their individual and team pages.
- All donations raised by your team and team members prior to the payment deadline for a convention will be credited toward your group. Your state’s program director can tell you the balance due for your chapter.
Thank you again and good luck!